Wednesday 7 August 2019

Awareness of Cleanliness


'Snippets of Life Music' has a one-act-play. Read it and see how the 'Clean India Movement' brings awareness of cleanliness. Here is an excerpt of the play:


THIRD BOY. What are you frowning at us for? [Warningly] Mind, we’ll continue to dump the rubbish against your gate until you go door to door, demanding an apology for the mess you have been making and assuring them that you will give up your ways.

BHALLU [shouting at the youths] Don’t you try to be funny with me, young men, and carry away this rubbish!

ALL THE BOYS [standing round Bhallu, in a circle holding hands and then going round singing]

Bhallu uncle, Bhallu uncle! Raise your hands now and surrender.

Won’t we dump waste at your gate priority hygiene if you make.

Help us keep our community clean; use not bags of polythene.

Health and wealth all stay there neat and clean it is wherever.

Clean India join dear uncle, lead us and be its messenger.

BHALLU [dancing and singing in the circle]

My dear boys, my dear boys, little, little my heart my toys!

You have taught me a great lesson; I will join in the clean mission.

You will see my house clean, drains clear and parks green.

We will clean our minds, our hearts, roads, streets, spots all sorts.

In a mixture of envy and admiration they will gaze at the beauty of our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment