Saturday 22 August 2015

Smoky Clouds of Remembrance

A real look of love on that face is divine –
For it is my poetry and
Too independent for my efforts;
For it gets absorbed in my cells;
For nothing else,
However beauteous,
Can delight me so well.
It’s been a long time
Since I loved someone –
Since I first saw her.
And I do not know
If the Earth has ever created
Another beauty.
Anyway, not once, not twice –
I am sure –
But several times,
She too has loved me.
But good is good
And will ever be.
Ah, no more my good one
Is between me and none,
A compassionate glance
Still makes my heart dance.
My love, my soul,
My cherished hope,
You elude me, do you?
Though I have none in lieu,
Of looking for you I still relish the challenge
In those smoky clouds of remembrance.

-Ramesh Tiwari  

No comments:

Post a Comment