Monday 10 January 2022

My Someone

 


Someone I can laugh and silly with is someone I love, and the someone I love, I am sure, will never put me in a situation where I feel I must sacrifice my self-worth to be with my someone.

I wanted to take a halt.
Just then a hope glimmered from within
Like red rays of the sun, straightening through the gaps of thin white clouds, Encouraging me to live for more days.
I look someone far away – far, far away, beyond my reach – giving me a smile.
What is this smile for?
Will it do something to me?
I do not know the answer.
But I am sure it will spark off each cell of mine
With a wild love and fill my heart with life and beauty.

The later part of the ode:
Yonder looks a lake of sweet water.
Its waves leap like a heart stimulated by a deep love.
I looked and lo! They sing a note of forbidden friendship.
Ah, my throat is scorching; my mouth dry;
My steps are effortful to run like; in a dreadful dream,
They try to escape from the approaching death.
Perhaps I am chasing a mirage.
May be, I am.
It is still something of divine.
I am in wait but I clearly do not know what for.
#RameshTiwari

No comments:

Post a Comment