Friday 4 September 2015

Happy Krishna Janmashtami!

Today is Krishna Janmastami. On this pious day, our great Lord Krishna took birth. The most adorable character in our greatest epic Mahabharata is called Madan Gopal when he is a child, but as he grows older, we call him Kanha, Kanhaiya, Krishna and then Sri Krishna. He is a loving child, then a mischievous boy, then a warrior, then a politician and lastly a man of high experience and knowledge. He lived a balanced life, mixing duties and pleasure in a perfect and dynamic way, thus teaching us how to live a complete life. He established a Dharm with harmonious, loving and peaceful human relationships on the earth - not a religion stuffed with hypocrisies – killing the entire band of tyrants, like Kansa, Duryodhna, Shishupal, Jarasindhu and all, who were enjoying power and wealth under the mask of values, and freeing people from the fetters of savage rules, injustice and ignorance. Let us celebrate his Happy Birthday, praying for love, light, justice and peace. Happy Janmastami, everyone!

May our Lord strengthen our people and enable them to eliminate all that is against the interests of our country!




Krishan Kanhaiya, the lure of Brindawan is our darling baby lord. Why does Radhika eye others jealously when Mohan is dear to every heart?

Whenever the beloved child of Nand makes merriment on the banks of the river Yamuna, all get enthralled to listen to the flute played by naughty Kanha; it is amazing what magic He puts in the notes that gopies soon stand mesmerized.

Shyam, in His dark complexion, looks exceedingly lovely; and it seems as though the clouds of Sawan had spread.

I am absolutely riveted to the beauty of Manmohan Manbhawan. O Sanware, I have discarded the entire world with a view to catching a glimpse of your charismatic personality.

अवधी भाषा में सवैया के इन छंदों को मैने सन 1982 में लिखा था  शुक्रवार, 4 सितम्बर 2015
बृंदावन बिहारी लाल
नंदनन्द के धाम अनंद महा बहु भाय रही ब्रिज की फुलवारी
उठि धाय चलो तहँ को सुसखा सब जाय रहे पुर के नर-नारी

बहु रंग के फूल अनन्त खिले अलि बृंद अचंभित आज अनारी
मन्द गती की समीर सुगन्धित कंपित पुष्प, लता, पट, डारी

सर कन्चन थाल में पंकज लै करपै नव चंचल अंचल डारे
स्वागत हेतु खड़ी हरि के कछु लाज के कारन घूँघुट काढ़े

अवलोकत हूँ खग हूँ न उडें अति आतुर ह्वे धुनिहूँ न सुनावें
आवत देखि के राधे गोपाल उतावल ह्वे सुधि-बुद्धि नसावें

-          रमेश चन्द्र तिवारी  


Krishna


The very soul of my soul,

The very life of my life,

Krishna, I cannot say

What it feels like

When my heart brims over

With love and adoration for you.

I succeed in my efforts

To do anything I decide.

O my Lord, I just glimpsed you

Doing everything for me and also

Passing every credit on to me.

You are the king and you are the saint;

It is you who give and never take.

Kanha, O Kanha, my generous Kanha!

Gopal, My kind-hearted Madan Gopal!

To me be the source of delight

And your name let me recite,

Until my last breath allows me to.

- Ramesh Chandra Tiwari Monday, 18 August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment