Sunday 2 August 2015

My Friend

The Very Myself

While thinking of dying, I had a flash of life

The dark world of mine got a divine light.

I saw God holding something precious and high,

The friendship of you soon I was enriched by.

Friend, you are a drink, for I for you always pine

Like a drinker seems to be dying for a glass of wine.

Leave me not alone. O My friend, my soul, my life!

The very myself, for you leave me not to strive.

For all the faults and wrongs I have ever done

Who stands by my side, you are still the only one.

The world is not worth living without you, my friend;

Going by like a day, each moment I have spent.




My Bosom Pal

I hate thee, O cruel Life!

Thou shower down every horrid thing on me;

Thou make me run through the fog

Of confusion and uncertainty – A race without prize;

Thou force me to bear being stung

By the huge crowd of venomous creatures;

Thou set me to learn the practices of mad men;

Nay, there... oh I forgot about the blessed friend

With whom to enjoy the divine hours of being alone

In some remote corner of the sky or among the stars.

No, no! I still hate thee, my life.

The love of my life is nothing more than a sweet dream.

But then again I love thee.

Thank you, my little Life, for bringing me

The mere thought of my bosom pal.

- Ramesh Chandra Tiwari


Hey, you sing along!

Friend is father, friend mother;

Friend is sister, friend brother.

There is no so pure a relation

As a friend in any situation.

My friend, my love, heart and breath,

Be long your life; and ever fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment