Monday 14 January 2019

4th Alumni Meet of Thakur Hukum Singh Kisan PG college, Bahraich


It gave me a great pleasure to attend the grand occasion of 4th Alumni Meet of our Thakur Hukum Singh Kisan PG college, Bahraich. I am extremely grateful to the Association’s Secretary, Dr Vivek Dixit for inviting me. Our worthy MLA and Minister Smt Anupama Jaiswal has been elected as the President of the Alumni Association of the college today. She was greeted with loud cheers while addressing the conference. Principal Shri S. P. Singh and the Chairman of the college’s managing committee, Shri Jata Shanker Singh welcomed the former students of the college and and expressed their happiness over their achievements. A series of cultural events were organized with arts performed by the students of the college. The students who secured highest marks were awarded different prizes and mementos.

Being an ex-student of the college, I am proud of it and owe a great deal to it and to the learned lecturers who made me able to write two books that gained me wide recognition. When I visit the college, every wall of it, the lawn, the rooms speak to me and remind me of those golden college days.

I graduated in Hindi, English and Economics from the college in 1984 but I completed a master’s degree in English Literature after twenty years from this same college in 2004. My return to education after a long gap awakened a new love for learning in me. I studied English grammar and then got into the habit of reading different literature books, which later inspired me to write prose, poetry and fiction in English.

My works have been published by a few leading publishers like ‘Reading Hour’, Bangalore, ‘The Criterion’, ‘Galaxy’, ‘LANLIT’ and ‘The Bombay Review’. I wrote a poem commemorating our treasured statesman, Sri Atal Bihari Bajpai. A bilingual journal, Setu from Pittsburgh USA, has published it in its October 2018 Issue.

Recently, Vishwabharati, a well-known publishing house in Maharashtra, has published my book ‘Trishna-Thirsty Wings’, which is a staggering collection of 44 poems. 18 poems of the book give a fascinating insight into PM Narendra Modi’s clean and bright character, his devotion to the cause of the people of India and his revolutionary ideas on energetic nation-building policies. The rest of them cover a range of subjects, like: politics, nationalism, faith, humanity and love.

One more book under the title Snippets of Life Music is going to come out this month. It brings together twenty irresistible short stories and twenty five ingeniously scripted short-short stories by me. I have tried to take the reader into a world that is both surreal and real in clear and simple prose. The stories in the collection cater for all groups of readers. They unlock certain secrets of human life, convey wonderful information in a simple but surprisingly entertaining way, present practical solutions to some common problems, deal with spiritual and religious issues, open a world of fantasy and horror, expose the corrupt practices that exist within the system, send sweet pain of love and romance shooting up a passionate heart, thus intriguing and enthralling readers and tickling their imagination. Moreover, they leave an indelible impression, since they kindle feelings that are sure to stay with the audience for days. Sunday, 13 January 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment