Wednesday 6 January 2016

In Love with God

When I tried, my Lord, to see you
Through the open windows of my eyes,
You looked beyond every reach;
However, as I closed them and sat thinking of you,
I found none but you,
Smiling on the bottom of my soul.

If something that I have left in my heart,
You know, it has started eluding me, too.
O God! I feel something going across it
Since I attained you.
I wish I had passed all my life
In the pure light of your presence.

Being purely dependent on you,
I have ignored everything else.
To say the truth, I wish to live for you.
I do not know, O God, where you are;
But I know you hold the whole universe in you.
Morning, noon and night
I pray that no flower of my hope should turn fade.

Having absolutely drenched in your love,
I wake while in sound sleep
And sleep when waking.
I am afraid to think of anything else
Lest my sweet dreams should get away from me.


-      Ramesh Tiwari

No comments:

Post a Comment